Establishment Section

How to reach Balapitiya Divisional Secretariat?

Inquiries about Grama Niladhari Domain Numbers

Should the owner be present when registering business names?

  • It is compulsory that the owner of the business is present and the national identity card should be brought for this purpose.

What documents should be brought in dealing with the deceased's bank money and mortgaged goods??

  • Death Certificate of the deceased.
  • Relevant documents of the applicant (Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate).
  • Affidavits that if there are other members, there is no objection to the applicant giving money or goods to the applicant.
  • National Identity Card.

What are the documents to be taken when transferring electricity bills?

  • Deeds confirming the ownership of the premises.
  • Letter confirming the ownership submitted by the Housing Development Authority or the Urban Council.
  • National Identity Card.

Social Services Section

How to get the Nutrition Allowance of Rs. 20,000 / -?

  • You can obtain an application form from the Early Childhood Development Officer or the Implementing Officer of this program at the Divisional Secretariat of your participating maternity clinic more than three months before you become pregnant.

Who can get educational assistance??

  • School children can receive scholarships if their father has died or is incapacitated.

How to register an NGO?

  • NGOs are registered after issuing the documents within one year of commencement.

Can Samurdhi benefit be renewed?

  • No new beneficiaries are currently selected and appeals will be accepted for future consideration.

What are the eligibility requirements for Elderly Assistance??

  • Above 70 years of age on application date
  • Family income is Rs. 3000 or less
  • The husband or wife can apply for this.

Additional District Registrar Division

How to get Birth or Marriage or Death Certificates?

  • If you know the number and date of birth or marriage or death certificate,
  • If you do not know the number and date of birth or marriage or death certificate you can get the certificate by paying Rs. 200 to the Divisional Secretariat.
  • In the case of births, marriages or deaths in the Colombo district, the relevant certificates can be obtained from the Colombo Divisional Secretariat.

How to register births?

  • Registration of a Birth should be made at least three months before the birth is registered by a Registrar of births in the relevant area.
  • Please register with the Additional District Registrar for registration of birth after three months.

How to revise the birth certificate?

  • Contact the Additional District Registrar for relevant documents.

Pensions Division

How to make Widows 'and Orphans' Pension after the death of the Civil Pensioner?

  • First stop the pension by getting the death certificate of the pensioner.
  • If you have more money, send letters to the bank to get it.
  • Then inform the concerned person to bring the following documents.
    • Original death certificate of pensioner
    • Original Birth Certificate of the widow
    • Original of the marriage certificate
    • A photocopy of the widow's bank book
    • A photocopy of the identity card of the widow
    • A copy of the Widows '& Orphans' Card or Widows '& Orphans' Card
    • A passport size color photograph certified by the Grama Niladhari
    • All the photocopies of the above documents should be certified by the Grama Niladhari.
  • Once they have provided the relevant information, take the file and take necessary action to prepare the widows '& orphans' pension.

Why pensioners have stopped their pensions?

  • Stop the pension due to not providing the life certificate for the relevant year.
  • Issuing the life certificate after the pensioner arrives.
  • Updating the pension after handing over the life certificate again.

Why don't the heirs pay the pension after the widow dies??

  • Explaining that there is no legal provision for the payment of the widows '& orphans' pension after death, according to the Widows 'and Orphans' Pension Act, if there is any salary or arrears due to the deceased.

News & Events


Dry Food

නිරෝධායනය වන පවුල් සඳහා රු:5000/- ක බඩු...

News & Events


Dry Food

නිරෝධායනය වන පවුල් සඳහා රු:5000/- ක බඩු...


Advice for Controlling Corona Virus

The public is advised to follow the...


Reporting Issues

We kindly request all the people of...

Scroll To Top